Ever said or heard these phrases at work?
1. “Why do we keep having to re-learn this?”
2. “How do I know where to find this knowledge?”
3. “Someone must have done this before - but who?”
4. “When that guy left, he took all that knowledge with him.”
5. “It was a complete fluke that I met Kathy – she had just the answer I was looking for!”
6. “I’m sure I heard someone mention that to me the other day, now who was it?”
7. “That went very well – how can we keep doing it like that?”
8. “We made this mistake in our other office as well.”
If so, they're usually a sign that knowledge isn't being managed effectively, if at all.
This means they're also a sign of wasted time, money and effort.
Perhaps they're also a sign of unnecessary risk to our colleagues or vital equipment.
Can you think of any more?