· Leaders are more powerful than they themselves realise – not because of what they say but what they do, and how!
· Initiatives survive and prosper when we first agree on the effect we wish to achieve, and then work backwards on how to do it;
· Good knowledge management needs both the ‘push’ from those that have acquired knowledge and the ‘pull’ from those that need it;
· ‘Lessons must be learned’ continues to be trotted out by the media, politicians, chief executives and football managers alike – almost all of whom do not know what it means or requires;
· Brevity helps;
· Time spent understanding the client’s needs and desires is seldom wasted.
What will 2016 bring??